The Application Process
Applications for 2020 positions are open, deadline for applications is Wed July 31st 5pm
Please send an application via the Apply Online tab above, including:
- A current CV
- Single page cover letter
- Minimum of two (2) professional references (name and contact only)
Combined interviews for 2020 positions will conducted in Melbourne on Monday 5 August, 2019
- Applicants will be contacted the week before the interviews and offered an interview time
- Interviews can be conducted in person (highly preferable) or via video/teleconference call
- Applicants only preferencing a single site will be requested to interview outside this combined interview day - this can be coordinated with the relevant site.
- Applicants will be asked to rank preferences for sites/positions on the day:
Please download the 2020 site preference list and bring this to your interview. If you are undertaking a videoconference/teleconference interview, we will ask you to email this form prior to the interview. Preference form download link here.
Declining offered positions
Due to the recurrent difficulties we have faced filling positions for rural sites, we request that applicants do not write a preference for any site that they are unwilling to accept a position for. Applicants who decline positions based on location after preferencing them, or who accept positions then later decline based on alternative positions being accepted, will be disadvantaged in future applications through the VPRAT process.
Accreditation for Basic Trainees
Please note that the Royal Australasian College of Physicians will not accredit Basic Trainees who are appointed to positions that are not employed directly through a site with a Director of Paediatric Physician Training (DPPT), currently either RCH or Monash. As of 2018 this rule will be strictly enforced, thus positions through this VPRAT system may not be accredited for Basic Trainees - please discuss this with the relevant health service prior to the interviews.
Shepparton & Albury-Wodonga Fellow positions
Applications for these positions can also be undertaken via the RCH-CCCH pathway.
For further information about specific rural sites please contact the relevant hospital contact directly (see Rural Sites section).