- The Great Ocean Road Rotation: 24 months (two positions) for 2023-24
- Accredited for a total of 12 months General Paediatrics with perinatal component (University Hospital Geelong); 6 months rural training (Warrnambool Base Hospital); and 6 months Developmental and Psychosocial training. Please note that commitment is for two year rotation.
- General Paediatric/Community Fellow: 12 months (two positions)
- Accredited for 6 months General Paediatrics with perinatal component; and 6 months Developmental and Psychosocial training. Please note that this role is not accredited for rural training.
- General Paediatric Senior Registrar: 12 months (one position; or two 6 month positions, or job-share)
- Accredited for 12 months General Paediatrics with perinatal component (University Hospital Geelong). Please note that not accredited for rural training.
- General Paediatric Outpatient Fellow: 12 months (full time - one position)
- Accreditation in process.
- General Paediatric Outpatient Registrar: 12 months (part time 0.7 FTE - one position)
- This position can be job-share
- Accreditation in process.
- Includes clinics in Indigenous Health and General Paediatrics
- Community Child Health Fellow: 12 months (one position: can be job-share)
- Accreditation in process
- Advanced Trainee (post FRACP exams)
- Dr Isaac Marshall: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application to Geelong positions will also need to be submitted via the Mercury Recruitment site through Barwon Health - available from 11th July - barwon.mercury.com.au
Roster and on-call
- Varies with position. Please contact for further information.
- 24 paediatric beds
- 13 bed level 5 SCN (2600 deliveries per year)
- Very busy Emergency Department (18,000 paediatric presentations/year)
- ICU staff includes two paediatric intensivists: routinely care for up to 2 admissions at any time
- 7 Residents including two paediatric trainees (one as part of Extended Rural Scheme)
- 6 rotating registrars (paediatric), 1-2 GP registrars
- 2 paediatric fellows (part inpatient, part community)
- 2 community child health fellows
- 24 consultant paediatricians based in Geelong
- Two consultants on service for acute services each week
- Two paediatric consultants amongst ED consultant medical staff
- Two paediatric intensivists amongst ICU consultant medical staff
- Three dual-trained general paediatricians/neonatologists
- All outpatients have direct consultant supervision
- Weekly General Paediatric clinics
- Twice weekly multidisciplinary Diabetes clinics
- Weekly Immigrant/Refugee Health clinic
- Weekly Indigenous Health (Wathaurong) clinic
- Weekly Hearing Impairment and First Seizure clinic
- Regular Victorian Paediatric Rehabilitation Service clinic
- Diverse range of Community Child Health clinics through Barwon Health North (First 1000 Days; Out of Home Care; Vulnerable Infant)
Education and Teaching
- Extensive: including fortnightly in situ (ward-based) SIM training, weekly academic presentations, monthly Safety and Quality meetings and access to RCH CCCH program
- Trainees are strongly encouraged to complete a research project while placed with us, utilising resources at the ready including the Child Health Research Unit at Barwon Health (CHeRUB) and Barwon Infant Study. Three of the paediatric consultants hold PhDs and one is Director of Research at Deakin Univeristy and co-chairs the Children’s Inpatient Research Collaboration of Australia and New Zealand (CIRCAN). There is a particular emphasis on quality improvement projects within the unit.
- As per award
- Accommodation will need to be sourced privately - not provided by hospital