Please note that Warrnambool is only advertising for a 6 month position in the 2nd half of 2021.
- 1 advanced trainee (job share possible), 12 or 6 months
- Accredited for Rural/regional training
- Advanced, need neonatal experience
- Dr Clare McCasker: firstname.lastname@example.org; 03) 55644300
Roster and on-call
- Roster 1 in 3, shared with GP reg and 2 HMOs, days off after weekend on call.
- 10 paediatric beds
- 6 cot level 4 SCN (800 births per year)
- 2 HMOs cover 0800-2200 hours in hospital, along with above Registrar
- Equivalent to 3.5 EFT full time shared
Clinics (that trainees can attend)
- Registrar has dedicated consulting room in group practice, develop own patient load.
- Multidisciplinary diabetes clinic monthly
- General paediatric oupatients (ward and neonatal follow ups)
- Behavioural medicine outpatient clinic
- Developmental hip dysplasia clinic (including ultraound education)
- Optional outreach clinics with paediatrician
Education and Teaching
- Weekly journal club and case presentations
- Monthly radiology meetings, perinatal M&M, allied health/developmental shared patient and CAMHS shared patient meetings
- Teaching Deakin medical students
- Teaching/participation in PROMPT training sessions
- VicFEAT webinars
- Weekly Rural Child Health teaching sessions
- As per award plus on call allowance, call backs and overtime
- Free accommodation will be provided in a furnished 3-bedroom house just 200 m walk from the hospital. The house has a huge backyard with a veggie patch and plenty of room to keep your dog safe.