- 3 Advanced trainee Registrars, 12 or 6 months (full time positions)
- Accredited for General Paediatric with Perinatal component, Acute, Rural/Regional (6 & 12 month positions) and Community/Developmental training (12 month positions only)
- Advanced preferred
- Dr Chris Smith or Dr Michael Nowotny: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (03) 56221500; practice administrator Ebony Harper: email@example.com
Roster and on-call
- Mixed acute wards and private rooms with rural outreach clinics
- Share in 24 hour on call roster equally
- Weekends approximately 1:4.
- 8 paediatric beds
- 6 bed level 4 SCN (>1000 births per year)
- busy Emergency Department - 10,000 paeds presentations per year
- 10,000 individual rooms presentations per year.
- 6 junior staff (including GP trainees and accredited SRMO from Victorian Basic Paediatric Trainig Consortium).
- 3 x full time & 3 x part time paediatricians
Clinics (that trainees can attend)
- Daily clinics (supervised) while sharing ward responsibilities
- Regular outreach clinics to Leongatha
- On site multidisciplinary team including speech and OT
- Opportunities to sit in during visits from tertiary subspecialists
- Specialist school visits
Education and Teaching
- Friday morning journal club, formal presentations of patients, education sessions and college activities such as mini-CEx and exam preparation.
- Regular medical student teaching (with possibility to apply for conjoint academic status with Monash University)
- As per award plus on call allowance, call backs and overtime
- Provided, walking distance to hospital, can cater for families, nominal cost