Please note that Warragul has filled its positions for 2021.
- 2 Advanced trainee Registrars (job share possible), 12 or 6 months
- Accredited for Rural/Regional (6 & 12 month positions) and Community/Developmental training (12 month positions only)
- Advanced, FRACP preferred
- Dr Chris Smith or Dr Michael Nowotny: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (03) 56221500; practice administrator Ebony Harper: email@example.com
Roster and on-call
- Mixed acute wards and private rooms, accredited for both rural and community compulsory terms
- On call 1 night in 4 junior staff roster
- Weekends 1:4 Sat-Sun only.
- 8 paediatric beds
- 6 bed level 4 SCN (>1000 births per year)
- busy Emergency Department - 10,000 paeds presentations per year
- 8000 individual rooms presentations per year.
- 4 junior staff (including a GP trainee and accredited SRMO from Victorian Basic Paediatric Trainig Network in addition to the above positions).
- 3 x full time & 2 part time paediatricians
Clinics (that trainees can attend)
- Daily clinics (supervised) while sharing ward responsibilities
- Regular outreach clinics to Leongatha, Wonthaggi and Moe
- On site multidisciplinary team including speech and OT
- Opportunities to sit in during visits from tertiary subspecialists
- Specialist school visits
Education and Teaching
- Friday morning journal club, formal presentations of patients, education sessions and college activities such as mini-CEx and exam preparation.
- Regular medical student teaching (with possibility to apply for conjoint academic status with Monash University)
- As per award plus on call allowance, call backs and overtime
- Provided, walking distance to hospital, can cater for families, nominal cost