- 2 Registrars (4 x 6 or 2 x 12 months, or 2 x 6 and 1 x 12 months) - accredited for Rural & Gen Paeds training; 12 months also accredited for Community or Acute training
- 1 Fellow (12 months only) - accredited for Rural & Community training
- Advanced, post FRACP exams (written only required for 2020 exam candidates)
- Dr Joseph Tam, Interim Clinical Director: 0418378706 or email@example.com (enquiries/EOI direct contact welcomed)
Roster and on-call
- Registrar - Rotating 4 week roster wards/SCN/OPD/ED calls; 1:4 to 1:5 weekends
- Fellow - On call (as Consultant in training) approx. 1 x 24hr/wk & 1:4 to 1:5 weekends; RCS teaching
- 12 paediatric beds (flexible to 16)
- 9 Cots Level 4 SCN from 32 wks or >1500 g, incl. CPAP (1300 births p.a.)
- 24/7 on site Registrar cover.
- 3 HMOs (2 GVH & 1 RCH Basic Trainee)
- 5 Registrars; 1 Fellow (VPRAT/RCH-CCCH preferred)
- 3 x full time Staff Specialists; 2 x full time VMOs
Clinics (that trainees can attend)
- Registrar - Clinics (week off call, all supervised): Rapid Review, Gen Paeds, Behav/Devel.
- Options - CCH, Diabetes, Cardiol, VCGS, VPRS, SMO/VMO OPC
- Fellow: Gen Paeds, Behav/Devel, MCHN, Indigenous, Refugee, School, DHS
Education and Teaching
- Full education & teaching programme; meets RACP requirements.
- RCH-CCCH seminar VC
- RMO/Reg teaching program, weekly Reg presentations, Teleconf/IT/VC lectures
- Weekly consultant led teaching session
- Journal club, VicFEAT, MDMs (plus weekly CAU), M&Ms, Audits, Radiology, Perinatal M&M, Grand rounds.
- Fellow support.
- UoM RCS CAH medical student site
- As per award (AMA Drs in Training) incl. 5 hours training time per week.
- Assistance provided to help source accommodation.