- 5 Registrars (6 or 12 months) - accredited for Rural & Gen Paeds with SCN training (6 month positions); 12 months also accredited for Community or Gen Paeds training
- 1 Fellow (12 months only) - accredited for Rural & Community or Gen Paeds training
- Advanced or Provisional Advanced Trainees welcome
- Program to assist in clinical examination preparation for Provisional AT is available
- Dr Joseph Tam, Interim Clinical Director: 0418378706 or email@example.com (enquiries/EOI direct contact welcomed)
Roster and on-call
- Registrar - Rotating 4 week roster with 1:4 to 1:5 weekends
- Fellow - First on call (with Consultant back up) approx. 1 x 24hr/wk & 1:4 to 1:5 weekends
- 12 paediatric beds (flexible to 16)
- 9 Cots Level 4 SCN from 32 wks and >1500 g (1300 births p.a.)
- CPAP available
- 24/7 on site Registrar cover.
- 3 HMOs (2 GVH & 1 RCH Basic Trainee)
- 5 Registrars; 1 Fellow (VPRAT/RCH-CCCH preferred)
- 5.3 x full time Staff Specialists; 1 x full time VMO
Clinics (that trainees can attend)
- Registrar - 3 types of clinics (total 6 clinics/week on week off call, all supervised):
- Rapid Review
- General Paediatrics
- Optional clinics - CCH, Diabetes, Cardiology, General Surgery, VCGS, VPRS, SMO/ VMO OPC.
- Fellow: Gen Paeds, Behav/Devel, MCHN, Indigenous, Refugee, School, DHHS
Education and Teaching
- Full education & teaching programme; meets RACP requirements.
- RCH-CCCH seminar VC
- RMO/Reg teaching program, weekly Reg presentations, Teleconf/IT/VC lectures
- Weekly consultant led teaching session
- Journal club, VicFEAT, MDMs (plus weekly CAU), M&Ms, Audits, Radiology, Perinatal M&M, Grand rounds.
- Fellow support.
- UoM RCS CAH medical student site
- FRACP clinical exam preparation program available
- As per award (AMA Drs in Training) incl. 5 hours training time per week.