- 4 six month jobs (hospital based - 12 month applications welcomed)
- Accredited for Rural/regional training
- 2 twelve month jobs (mixed community and hospital based)
- Accredited for Rural/regional and Community/developmental training
- Prefer Advanced, but will consider Basic trainee
- For all applicatns - Dr Joel Ziffer: firstname.lastname@example.org; 03 54547372 (Assistant: Vicki Dean)
- For 12 month community/hospital based applicants - Dr Merryn Redenbach: MerrynRedenbach@bchs.com.au; 03 5430 0500
Roster and on-call
- Rotating roster: 43 hour weeks (incl. 5 hours teaching time) staffing a 24 hour roster with multiple outpatient clinics each week depending on shift time.
- The 12 month jobs are designed as two weeks hospital work, alternate 2 weeks in Community Health (Mon-Fri 9-5).
- 12 paediatric beds
- 10 bed level 4 SCN (1,350 births) down to 32 weeks
- Adult ICU supporting HDU paediatric patients
- 5 HMO staff (incl. one rotating paediatric trainee)
- 1 other registrar in addition to the above positions (A&E or advanced skills GP streams)
- Hospital: 9 x VMO paediatricians
- Community: 2 x Community Paediatricians, 1 x General Paediatrician
Clinics (that trainees can attend)
- One post admission clinic per week, 3 general paediatric clinics per week, 1 paediatrics diabetes clinic fortnightly
- For those working in the 12 month positions, the Community Health weeks are around 70% clinics, 30% admin and multidisciplinary meetings.
Education and Teaching
- 3 hours protected teachign time Wed afternoon Rural Child Health training module
- Weekly x-ray meeting, multi-disciplinary simulation sessions and unit education meeting
- Lots of Monash Uni students about.
- As per award.
- Hospital accommodation availavle at cost.