- 4 six month jobs (hospital based - 12 month applications welcomed)
- Accredited for Rural/regional training
- Job share pairs welcome to apply
- Prefer Advanced, but will consider Basic trainee
- For all applicatns - Dr Joel Ziffer: email@example.com; 03 54547372 (Assistant: Vicki Dean)
Roster and on-call
- Rotating roster: 43 hour weeks (incl. 5 hours teaching time) staffing a 24 hour roster with multiple outpatient clinics each week depending on shift time.
- 12 paediatric beds
- 10 bed level 4 SCN (1,350 births) down to 32 weeks
- Adult ICU supporting HDU paediatric patients
- 5 HMO staff (incl. one rotating paediatric trainee)
- 2 other registrars in addition to the above positions (ED Advanced Reg and advanced skills GP stream)
- Hospital: 9 x VMO paediatricians
Clinics (that trainees can attend)
- One post admission clinic per week, 3 general paediatric clinics per week, 1 paediatrics diabetes clinic fortnightly
Education and Teaching
- 3 hours protected teachign time Wed afternoon Rural Child Health training module
- Weekly x-ray meeting, multi-disciplinary simulation sessions and unit education meeting
- Lots of Monash Uni students about.
- As per award.
- Hospital accommodation availavle at cost.